Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Ocean Blog Hop 2014 hosted by A Grateful Artist!


This is one of the pieces I made out of the beads I was given- it is made from magnesite two-holed spikes, cultured orange sea glass beads (matte), and seed bead glass daggers in clear. It kind of reminds me of spiky coral... at the very least, it's a very FUN piece of jewelry!



This is a pretty cool FISHY necklace... The focal is one I made for a Bead Soup Blog Party Blogger/Non-Blogger Challenge... here's the link... CLICK. The theme to THAT contest was "Under The Sea" which fits pretty well with our Ocean Blog Hop that's happening today! :)

I used carnelian, glass rondelles in orange, and light light light green pearls. This focal is made from polymer clay, and has an Aventurine embedded in it. I create most of my beads using my fingers and a few simple tools...




This one is my absolute favorite out of the ones I made... I used a brass chandelier finding and blended it with copper, carnelian, brass and another polymer clay focal... this one has a green catseye embedded in it, with three crystazzi crystals as the fishy's air bubbles. Is it not the CUTEST little focal you've ever seen? *winks*




Here is another lovely necklace and earring set that I made for this challenge- I cannot believe how much jewelry I've made so far from the beads that were sent. WOWSA.

I made my own headpins- first time I ever tried to do this- I thought they turned out pretty darn good! :)

I used those larger sea glass discs in frosted white and orange- I also used yellow shell and 6mm frosted orange rounds!


The stone in this heart focal is sodalite. :) 

As you can probably tell, I had a ton of fun making stuff for this blog hop/challenge. :)

I know I posted in the original blog post that I was in the June 14th reveal, but I volunteered to switch to the May 31st reveal. :) That's why the dates of the two posts don't match. Just so you know!

Hope you enjoyed looking at the neat stuff I made!

Off to blog hop!

18 comments:

  1. What fun pieces! They just scream happiness and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your polymer clay pieces, they are adorable, and a great match for the bead you received. Wonderful work, I love everything you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ocean pieces are all so fun! I can tell you had a blast with this. I love your first spiky bracelet! It's interesting to see all the different wonderful kits Lisa put together. (She's good, right?) Your colors are so happy, and I love your squiggly head pins! Great job! Those are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea - all I can say is WOW!!!!!!! You really hit it out of the park with this hop! Love all your creations, especially the nifty spike bracelet with the two-holed magnesite. Love the orange earrings too. I like how you make the polymer clay focals by embedding the gems. Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, I love your clever focals with the semi-precious embedded inside :) The colours look great with your VERY orange ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Andrea so much to love! You did a wonderful job with your focals. They are fun and really work well with the theme. I love the coral bracelet and you really embraced the color! Congrats on making headpins for the first time, they came out great! Wonderful job on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the addition of the green to your colour palette. What a great variety of creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just loving the inventive poly clay embedded gemstone focal idea. Clever girl!!! Enjoyed your collection. Sorry for the delay in comments. My post is up now - please swing on by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting pieces. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally an under the sea experience. The bright colors remind me of The Little Mermaid. Your pieces are cheery and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors in all of your focals are so bright and cheery- and a perfect way to pull together all the fun beads in funky, fresh way. Christie

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your pieces especially that spike bracelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Again such fun and vibrant designs. It just happens that your favorite is my favorite too. I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, those earrings are so much fun! Love the squiggles. And the way you combined the ocean colors with the fishy colors is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I just love what you did with the beads. That focal is really cute with the little fish! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I love what you did with the beads! That focal is so cute with the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun colors and fun beads...you blew it out of the park! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blogger burned when I tried to post...fun colors, fun beads, you really did them justice! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on zenithjade.blogspot.com! Have a wonderful, spectacular day!