Friday, November 15, 2013

Art Charm Exchange for the Auction Benefit for Beads of Courage... "LOVE"

So here is my official post for the Art Charm Exchange (hosted by Glass Addictions) & the Auction Benefit for Beads of Courage (BoC)... the (our!) theme this year is "LOVE".

I suffered pretty bad "performance anxiety" during the making & reveal of our charms. I just wasn't sure if my charms would be "good enough"... after receiving my charms, I realized that it wasn't necessarily how "good" they were, but how much LOVE and SOUL went into each piece... now that is something I have in SPADES. :) I am so honored to be a part of the Art Charm Exchange and the Auction Benefit for Beads of Courage. Let me share the creations I made & received with you...

A BUNCH OF LITTLE CHARMS made by ME!
 Beautiful light blue pearl polymer clay, with a dark blue pearl heart coated in Pearl-x powder and sealed; it also has a lovely *vintage* light blue marquise stone that I acquired from a friend and embedded in the clay... and the heart has little rays coming from it, like a comet! Universal love, or love from above. The findings are silver-plated.

See the little rays? :) It's a LOVE COMET!
 It actually has a silver-plated screw eye, so the charm stays on the post! :) I bought mine in bulk at the BeeHive on facebook. Andi & Dee (the owners) have them in a variety of finishes, including gold.

 The hearts are formed by hand, using my fingers and some mad skillz. *winks* The little bases for the charms are formed the same way- entirely by hand. :)


Here are the charms I received, in alphabetical order by first names:

By Alicia Marinache of All the Pretty Things @



By Julie Bowen of Autochthonous Evolved @



By Kristi Bowman of Kristi Bowman Design @



By Lennis Carrier of WindBent @



By Linda Haskell of Lilys of the Valley Jewelry @



By Lori Bowring Michaud of Artfully Ornamental @



By Michelle McCarthy of Firefly Design Studio @



By Toltec Jewels (Rita) of Toltec Jewels @



By Terri DelSignore of artistcaos @



Here is the complete list of all participants, (there are a LOT of us- please visit us each when you can!):

Caroline Dewison: http://blueberribeads.co.uk
YOU ARE HERE- Andrea Glick: http://zenithjade.blogspot.com
Charlene Bausinger Jacka: http://clay-space.com/blog/

11 comments:

  1. LOVE the way you speak from the heart and create from the heart...just like you are. You are amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely charms! I like how much time you must have spent on them, the heart YOU put into the hearts, and the beautiful love comet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I love how you expressed your anxiety, as I am sure most of us felt exactly the same (I know I did). I love your design, and was so pleased and proud to have received one! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading about your charm...it's a LOVE comet. lol! See, you had nothing to worry about :-) Thanks so much for participating and helping raise money for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your charm with its "heart comet" so much that I wrote a haiku for it:

    crackling campfire/ the comet's tail/ streams toward morning

    Susan Delphine Delaney
    LadyFlowersbySusan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination of color, texture, and depth you put into your charms. They really are very lovely! I would have been very happy to have received one! Now I'll have to see if I can snag one in the auction :) - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a peaceful "cosmic" blue color! A beautiful charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a lucky reciever of one of your charms!! Totally agree about the importance of what goes into something!! The reason I LOVE handmade things! I am happy to own one of your charms!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do recall the anxiety I suffered last year too (my first year of participation) ~ however you had no reasons for it! Your charms are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sentiment makes me love it even more. Thank you Andrea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on zenithjade.blogspot.com! Have a wonderful, spectacular day!