Friday, May 9, 2014

Bead Soup Blog Party #8 !!!

My partner: ANDREA FRANK
Her blog is here:
http://andreajewelry.blogspot.com/

THIS IS WHAT I SENT:
http://zenithjade.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-goodies-for-bsbp-i-sent-to-my.html

THIS IS WHAT I GOT:
http://zenithjade.blogspot.com/2014/03/bead-soup-blog-party-8-first-post.html

Pretty cool stuff, right?! I was at a loss for quite a while on how to make all these awesome elements mesh well together. !!! Awesome, amazing beads and a rockin' focal and TWO cool clasps. WOWSA.

It took me until about two and a half weeks ago to finally decide on a design for the necklace. Even then, it was touchy because I wasn't sure it was finished... until I added that cool fiber to it. :) Only then was it perfect. The necklace uses copper wire, pink briolette pearls doubled up, coin freshwater pearls, red faceted agate from Auntie's Beads, fiber, a bead by Sheila Davis, some copper elements (including the cool head pin the focal is on), a copper clasp from Andrea Frank and an amazing focal by Sheila Davis of Stone Designs. Here are some photos of the necklace:

 An awesome bead by Sheila Davis... watch this space for more of her beads!
 Yes, I Galaxy Wrapped the Red Agate from Auntie's Beads. I love that look!!!
The front of the focal by Sheila...
 What I consider the "back" of the focal, and equally as pretty!
 Hey look! I used one of the clasps that Andrea Frank sent me in this necklace! :)
A cool looking necklace, I think!

After that, I created some funky rainbow earrings using the same fibers as the necklace:
I got the zebra print mother of pearl shell beads from The Beehive on facebook... click here for the link.

Andrea Frank sent me those awesome industrial style yellow rings... there's more of where that came from...

I paired the other industrial style yellow rings with more of Sheila Davis' beads, the red faceted agate from Auntie's Beads, and I provided the iridescent purple freshwater coin beads and all the copper findings. :)



These are SO COOL, but WAY TOO HEAVY. :( I'm going to have to re-work them, methinks. But they sure are neat!


After I created those lovely things, I focused on making a couple of simple and cute pairs of earrings. Here's the first pair:
I used some lovely jasper? coins, blended with the topaz elements from Andrea Frank, some button freshwater pearls I had, and some neat gold crescent moons I got from the metals box from BeadSwap-USA, *hat tip*. :)

Next up:
A pair of simple earrings using those neat industrial style rings again. Andrea Frank sent me a set of three different colors: yellow, these amber ones, and some green ones... I managed to use the yellow and amber ones, but the green ones still need to make it into a project! It should be noted that I've been trying my hand at making my own findings, and these extra-large jumprings are one of those experiments. :)

Lastly, I made a bracelet! I broke out of my copper mold, and used some gold... (I also used gold on the two pairs of earrings right above!).
 Andrea Frank sent me these lovelies along with everything else! The amethyst glass is awfully pretty with the red faceted agate, I thought. I debated about using some real amethyst to go with it, but my amethyst wouldn't fit on the gold wire! :( Boo!

I had this gold Swarovski-encrusted clasp in my stash because I thought it was pretty. I didn't think I'd ever use it because I pretty much never make anything gold! Shows what I know! ;)

And that wraps up my Bead Soup Blog Party #8 Postings!

You can CLICK HERE for the MASTER LIST of participants. There's a lot of us, but it's so worth it to see what we all created, IMHO!

Also, don't forget to visit my partner's blog to see what she made using all the goodies I sent to her! :) (Some of which I made, like the clasps & focals!!!)

I hope you like the flower photos I took- they're at the beginning of this post!
HELLO SPRING! (It's about time!)

Also, here's a link to our helpful community of artists, all linked through the BSBP (Bead Soup Blog Party) and a love of beads: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BeadSoupCafe/

*hat tip* to Lori Anderson, who makes the BSBP happen every year!!! +++ her helpful hands, aka assistants.

71 comments:

  1. beautiful your neclace is amazing all the earrings are super cool crazy about the bracelet and i love the background color too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerri! :) <3 I had a fantastic time making everything.

      Delete
  2. Love what u created.,,,, Fun fun fun...esp love your main necklace cause of wild colors!,, Adore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! :)

      Thanks! I had a ball with what you sent once I figured out what I was doing. LOL! Sometimes, it's hard to get started. ;)

      <3,
      Andrea

      Delete
  3. I love how your pieces are so earthy and natural. I can't wait to see the finale on those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your earrings. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a whimsy and happy necklace you made :-) And cool earrings, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pieces and a wonderful job incorporating your soup in the mix. Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, Andrea. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your rose necklace is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love it when a good plan comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome work with a beautiful soup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent job Andrea! I love all the different pieces and styles....Your soup really turned out great! Thanks for joining and posting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a variety of wonderful designs - great job! The necklace is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work and so many pieces - Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous pieces! Well done on creating so much beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the cheerful and energetic designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the rich tones and the touches of textiles on the necklace and I really like those crescent earrings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! every single one was well thought design created with love. Your happy mood shows!! which in turn switches the mood of whoever look at your pieces (or in my case.. even picture of them) to happy mood. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THose earrings remind me of Sailor Moon :) And that necklace is so breathtaking !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the variety. You did justice to the lampwork for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Andrea! Your wonderful necklace looks like an AMAZING Sunset!!! Really beautifull! I love all of your designs! Have a Blessed Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The earrings are really really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing!
    All is so beautiful! The earrings with the moons are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You had me at the construction of your first piece. I love it, the focal, the clusters of pink pearls- everything.
    The funky zebra earrings are just fun! Everything turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pieces are lovely! Love the red agate - works great in your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your necklace is really lovely, the lampwork beads are awsome! All the earrings are so cute, but I specially like the ones with lampwork beads and yellow rings!! Well done!
    Alenka

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful pieces! What a wonderful focal to work with --the necklace turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those lampwork beads are gorgeous! It looks like you had a lot of fun designing with your soup! I especially like the first pair of earrings, too bad they are heavy... but if you do redesign them, I'm sure you'll come up with something great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That necklace is so sweet♥ beautiful beads, beautiful details & beautiful colours! And let's not forget the jasper coins you made the stunning earrings with! Love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the rainbow earrings. They reminds me to the 80ies. So funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. great earrings, those gear like beads were cool, why, great earrings, and again, great earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful way to wrap the agate! I had no idea that wrap had a name. :) shows what I know :)

    Beautiful bracelet and loved the necklace. Wonderful job!

    Linda
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    ReplyDelete
  32. You so rocked that soup, I love all the pieces, the necklace is stunning - what a gorgeous focal and you showed it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely designs all around - you had a beautiful soup to work with, and you did it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have a great way of working with color! Your designs delight the eyes! Soup-er job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely work. I think the amber sprocket thingamabob earrings are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fun and fabulous color...and love the mixture of the eyelash yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Coloful beads, great job! Hugs, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a fantastic job you did with your bead soup. I am loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You did a great job with your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful work. I love the colors. They say "hello summer" :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very nice job! I like those extra long ear wires. They work out very well with the earrings you made.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a lovely soup, I really like the necklace, the fibre makes it something different and I love the colour mix, lots of earrings I like the ones with the moon too long for me but lovely.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful necklace! The focal bead is stunning, and you did a great job pairing it up with some interesting components! I love the purple freshwater pearl coin bead & yellow earrings as well ... too bad they are too heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very colorful and fun pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What an awesome soup, so colorful and masterfully designed pieces to show off the rainbow. Your pieces make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  46. such rad and cool looking pieces - great work

    ReplyDelete
  47. You did a wonderful job with your soup, and you have some lovely pieces to show for it. Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  48. absolutely marvelous...the designs the textures the colors are all just simply delicious... very yummy creations you are so talented and artistic ty so much for sharing with us all well gotta hop along catchca later....

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the beautiful focal. What a great variety of creations. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  50. loved the flower pics!
    Wonderful work with a gorgeous soup!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love everything you made with your fabulous soup! Very tasty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great designs! Your necklace is beautiful and that fabric sure sets it apart from the pack.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Andrea, I really like all of the pieces that you made. Your necklace is beautiful. It lets the lampworked bead be in the spotlight and you chose the supporting components well. Your bracelet is pretty. Kudos to you for using gold instead of your usual copper.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Nice soup! Your pieces are so pretty! Fantastic job with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  55. That focal bead is the BOMB! I love it! And those cool industrial glass (really?! wow!) links are really different. I love all the different looks that you were able to create. Thank you for sharing your creations with the 8th Bead Soup. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  56. I really like what you got in your soup and what you did with it. You're right; that first necklace is perfect! I love that fiber. I had to smile when you said you have to re-work the first earrings because they are too heavy. I do that often - design for looks and then have to re-design for practicality - especially regarding weight of earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Very nice bead soup pieces! They are all very different and I like how you used the focal. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  58. You made so many cool and unique designs. I like that they each have their own personality and seem to speak for themselves. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  59. What a great collection of fun and full of life designs.I especially love the first necklace and how you used the fabric in it. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  60. That necklace rocks! The copper, pearls and agate beads are in absolute harmony with the gorgeous double-sided focal. I love the wire work and the fiber! The focal you used on the bracelet makes it so dressy! And I love the earrings, especially the long dangles with the yellow washer beads! And I can see the zebra print earrings with a candy colors outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. In love particularly with the first necklace...the pearl clusters were perfect and set off the lampwork well! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on zenithjade.blogspot.com! Have a wonderful, spectacular day!