Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lampwork and Clay Blog Hop, Hosted by A Grateful Artist

For the participant list, please go to A Grateful Artist's blog by clicking here. :)

I got lampwork beads by Marcia Seever of Shazazz Glass to play with! And let me tell you, they are LOVELY. I had to choose between clay beads and lampwork. Oi! Sooooo not fair. ;)

Here's a photo of the beads:

I reaaaaaaally love the one with the polka dots on it. It just captured my fancy, and I wanted to showcase it. :) Here's what I did with it:



I used purple jade (???), white freshwater button pearls, and faceted amethysts with the lampwork focal to round out this beaded necklace. It has copper findings. I think it's just the bee's knees, which is just another way to say it's cool! :)

But that's not all...

I had some more beads left to use!!! Lucky me, there were two pairs of lampwork spacers left. They are really pretty! So I decided to make some simple earrings:
I blended the spacers with more purple jade (???). I thought those gemstones matched the lampwork just perfectly!

I have a couple of beads left! :) I don't know what I'm going to *do* with them yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out!

Thanks for visiting! Don't forget to check out everyone else's blogs by visiting the link up top!

You can view more of my creations in my Etsy Shop or my ArtFire Studio. Thanks!

I figured what else to do with the extra beads! I made a bracelet!:
 An up-close view of the focal bead I used...

And here's an up-close view of the tiny bead I used as an accent...
 And an overview of the entire bracelet. LOTS of amethyst and copper! :) I thought the bracelet turned out particularly well. :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you really created some beautiful pieces! Love that tiny little bead hanging from the bracelet. Seriously pretty lampwork beads, and awesome designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful pieces. Love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the combination of purple and copper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea - When I saw you necklace, earrings and bracelet, the first word that cam out of my mouth was: "Yay!" Because just looking at them made me happy. Such a great blend of colors and sizes and textures. Just yummy! Thanks for being in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely lavenders. Like how you blended the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE purple....and I can see how the one with polka dots talked to you....thanks for the great work and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly beautiful! You made a wonderful set out of those fabulous beads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all three pieces. The purple is great and you really showcased your beads well in all your pieces. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love what you did with all that purple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your necklace and bracelet are gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made such a lovely set!! I love that shade of purple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on zenithjade.blogspot.com! Have a wonderful, spectacular day!