Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer Surprise Blog Hop hosted by Pine Ridge Treasures!

Here's a link to Lisa's blog entry & participant list: http://gratefulartist.blogspot.com/2013/08/summer-color-surprise-blog-hop-reveal.html

Remember that beautiful jewelry set I teased you about right here? Here's the final product! It's a Waterfall necklace and earring set. :)




Sorry about the (slightly) dark photos... I used an LED light to light the set up as it's (VERY!) dark here right now. LOL. I'll endeavor to get better pictures on Sunday in NATURAL light. :)

I used a little bit of everything, except for the Carnelian that was sent. I was planning on making something else, but plumb ran out of time... I'm SO happy I made this set right away! Yes, it's another Waterfall necklace.... can you tell I'm obsessed with them? They are just so pretty, and you can use so many different materials for them!

Here's another waterfall necklace I made recently to show you how similar, but DIFFERENT, they are:

This one has rose quartz, lampwork, labradorite, freshwater pearls and crystal in it. :) Very pretty! I donated it to BeadSwap-USA. (Another group I've been meaning to tell ya'll about!).

Anywho, I really hope you like the orange Waterfall necklace & earring set I made. In case I didn't mention, I got the orange packet of beads for this challenge! :)

I love summer for the green and the flowers!

Here's a flower to brighten your day- I took this picture on one of my walks through town:


Without further ado, here is the participant list:
Your Hostess: Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Chris Eisenberg, Wander Ware
Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution
Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes
Monique Urquhart, A Half-Baked Notion
Beti Horvath, Stringing Fool
Charlene Bausinger Jacka, Clay Space
Renetha Williams Stanziano, Lamplight Crafts
Leah Mifflin Tees, My Beady Little Eyes
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design
Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me
Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things
Laurie Vyselaar, Lefthand Jewelry
Eleanor Burian-Mohr, The Charmed Life
Julie Lockhart, Copar Aingeal
Dolores Rami, CraftyD's Creations
Elizabeth Bunn, Elizabeth Beads
Mowse Doyle, Mowse Made This
Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera
Candida Elkins Castleberry, Spun Sugar Beadworks
Shaiha Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings
Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry
Andrea Glick-Zenith, ZenithJade Creations (YOU ARE HERE)

11 comments:

  1. Andrea, the waterfall style is one I have never tried, so now after seeing your beautiful necklace I am adding this to my list of techniques to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty waterfall necklace, Andrea! As someone who has trouble with dangles, I always appreciate it when a piece has pretty ones. Thanks for participating in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo! Your designs are gorgeous! That first necklace is so juicy, and I love the addition of the labradorite in the second. I am particularly loving the long drop pendants you created for both pieces - the add so much movement to your designs. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had some of the same beads- I love how different our pieces turned out. Your waterfall necklace is lovely! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pieces! Pictures worked out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful! I love the way the sunlight is shining through! Great job. AND love the lily....I have them in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hereby declare you the goddess of cascading beads. Love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your necklaces are so fun and whimsical!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gorgeous waterfall pieces, would be a great way to use lots of different beads and get a different look in each one.
    Beautiful flowers too, wish my walks were that interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shared a fire lily flower in my reveal too :) You created gorgeous waterfall jewelry -- the carnelian necklace is so pretty! The colors are rich and wonderful, and so well balanced in your design. I love the soft cool tones waterfall too! The lampwork flower adds the perfect summer touch, and everything falls so beautifully together!

    I had no idea you donated your jewelry to BeadSwap USA! I would have bid on it in a heart-beat :)

    Happy Hopping & love,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on zenithjade.blogspot.com! Have a wonderful, spectacular day!