1. Why or how did you get started making jewelry?
2. What style(s) of jewelry do you like to make?
3. What materials do you prefer to use (and which ones do you avoid)?
4. What techniques do you prefer (and are there any you don't like)?
5. What colors do you use most, and which do you run screaming from?
1. I started making jewelry in 1999, sooner if you counted the macaroni and beaded necklaces I made for my Mom when I was a youngin'. I first began making jewelry because Brazil inspired me to do so- they have some of the most incredible wirework known to man down there. It is amazing. I was an exchange student back in 1998-1999. :) I didn't even wait to get back before trying some wirework of my own!!! LOL. INSPIRED.
2. I love to make classic beaded jewelry with lots of freshwater pearls! My favorite material to work with are FW pearls. And art beads! I LOVE ART BEADS! *drools*
3. I love everything, pretty much, except for cheaper plastics. :)
4. I *JUST* got into metal stamping, so that's probably out for now as a medium as I'm just too new. I don't enamel or do anything with a torch. I don't have a cat-free and safe place to play with fire! I also don't have a kiln. Boo! With all that being said, I do love beading and wirework, and some loom-work and stitching. (Although not too much of both the latter). I also work with polymer clay!
5. I like jewel-type colors the best, but will try anything. Really. Just don't send me something you wouldn't use yourself! I also collect: cat anything, Hello Kitty or peacock stuff. Love all of that.