Sunday, December 26, 2010

For LadyHawk (Jean), Christmas and Crabbi

One of my fellow ArtFire sellers has stage 4 lung cancer. Needless to say, the prognosis is bleak. :( The only good news is that this tragedy is bringing together ArtFire sellers in support of LadyHawk, (Jean). We are banding together to raise funds for Jean through paypal donations and percentages of sales. Personally, I'm offering 10% of all profits to help with Jean's medical bills and care. You can view participating shops by clicking here, or by doing a search on ArtFire with the keyword: jeanlove. Please note that an account is NOT REQUIRED to buy from sellers on ArtFire.




Here are some collections that have been made using items from participating member's shops:


Collection 1
Collection 2
Collection 3
Collection 4
Collection 5
Collection 6

I've been busy during the holiday season. Christmas was a wonderful time for me. I got to spend it with my family. *love* They all came over here, we ate too much food, and watched the kids open presents in a mad frenzy. Santa spoiled me this year, and brought me the comfiest fuzzy slippers known to man. I also made out like a bandit with three febreeze candles, a couple pair of socks, a promise from Mom that she'd take me out for lunch, and a family portrait. *more love* The presents are wonderful, of course!, but the time spent with family was even better. I wouldn't trade that for the world. I'm truly blessed!

The week before Christmas, I got awful news. I took Crabbi, (one of my many cats), into the vet because she hadn't eaten or drank in 24 hours. She was diagnosed with liver failure, a liver infection, low white & red blood cell counts and anemia. :( Because of the prayers, thoughts and good juju of friends, family and complete strangers, it appears that Crabbi has made an astonishing recovery! She is no longer jaundiced, (caused by the liver failure- it is a discoloration of the skin to a yellow color), she has been happily eating tuna and a little bit of hard food, drinking, and using the litter box. It is nothing short of a miracle. My best guess is that against all odds, her liver function is returning. !!! (The liver failure was caused by a thyroid medication she was taking. She is no longer on that medication!). Now I just have to hope and pray that the medication didn't affect the way her bone marrow produces white and red blood cells. Please pray for us. I truly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on zenithjade.blogspot.com! Have a wonderful, spectacular day!