Friday, May 2, 2008

Thoughts on Goals

Via indiepublic, I found a really swanky Etsy seller- The Tiny Fig. Her shop is amazing, but that's not what originally caught my eye- it was her blog! I feel that in reading her blog I've gotten a reminder I desperately needed. =^.^;=

Each month, she blogs about her goals for the month. I think that's an incredibly useful habit to get into to. You'll always know where you're at, and where you want your business to go.

Because jumping on the bandwagon can be so much fun, I think I'll give it a whirl.

Goals for May 2008
My Etsy shop:
--> List merchandise on Etsy more consistently.
--> Work on really nailing down my product photography style for my Etsy shop, (not including posters!). (I want those who see my work online to know through my photography how much I loved making it!).
--> Make more jewelry. (I've been overhauling my stock. *falls over*).
--> Give out more business cards and network more effectively.

Business goals:
--> Put together a comprehensive portfolio.
--> Research consignment & wholesale opportunities.
--> Look into entering contests & submitting work to galleries.

WIST goals:
--> Work on finishing the website.
--> At least TWO more newsletters this month.
--> Inspire more member involvement.

This might be too much for one month! *falls over* But we'll see how it goes. *grins*

I had a great idea tonight... I've been meaning (LOL) to join in on "Home of The Sampler" stuff for 6+ months, but I couldn't decide what samples to send in for it! I think I have a decent solution- how about ATCs (mini prints!) of some of my photography? It would take a lot of time to cut them all out of a sheet, but it could be sooooo worth it. (This is, incidentally, something I would like to have WIST participate in- but how to cover all the bases with such diverse artisans?! *wonders*).

----------------
Now playing: Koda Kumi - Real Emotion (DJ MSK Remix)
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. great goals. i've been thinking about doing the sampler but i have heard that people who do it don't really benefit from it much.. so if you do it let me know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie! =*^.^*=

    Thanks! (If it weren't for your inspirational post... who knows where I would have ended up. *winks*).

    I'll definitely keep you posted about The Sampler. It's going to take me a while to do all that cutting! *falls over*

    <3,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on zenithjade.blogspot.com! Have a wonderful, spectacular day!